Scheduling

Written By: LJ


Glen tried to concentrate on the demonstration he was watching on television. He had been waiting a week for this particular show on designing techniques. Unfortunately, he kept being disturbed by sighs of frustration coming from his partner.

“How about taking a short break, love,” Glen suggested once again; only to receive a similar response to the suggestion, he had made the last time he had spoken.

“I can’t take the time if I’m ever going to get this done!” was TJ’s petulant answer and Glen could clearly hear the pout in the young man’s voice.

“That’s it!” Glen said fifteen minutes later. He got up from the sofa, turned off the TV and walked across to the table where the other man was working on his laptop. Looking over TJ’s shoulder, he inquired. “Have you saved that?”

“Yeah, but I still have to look up something on the Internet,” the younger man complained.

“Not tonight, TJ. It’s late and you’re getting too wound-up.” Glen reached around his partner and shut down the computer.

“What the hell did you do that for?” TJ screeched loud enough to rattle the windows.

“It’s only Monday and you have the rest of the week to get this completed. You’ve done all you’re going to do tonight, TJ. We’re going to bed now and I don’t want to hear one word of disagreement on your part,” Glen insisted as he put his hand under his lover’s arm and lifted him out of his chair.

“You can go to bed without me because I’m not ready to call it a day yet!” TJ shouted, belligerently making his feelings known as he tried to wrench himself away from the bigger man.

Tightening his hold, Glen landed a solid swat on the seat of his partner’s jeans. “You are going to do as you are told, my boy, or else!” he scolded.

TJ immediately burst into tears, which was ample proof of how tired he was.

Pulling the younger man into his arms, Glen hastily set about calming his Brat by holding him close. “It’s all right, baby. You just too overtired to work on this anymore tonight. We need to get ready for bed, love,” Glen lovingly encouraged.

TJ resignedly submitted to being towed into their en suite and gently badgered out of his clothing. Under Glen’s watchful eye, he washed his face and brushed his teeth. Once all his personal needs had been taken care of, he stood waiting for the other man to turn down the quilt so he could curl up in their big bed. It was at times like this when TJ relied most on his Top to take charge and make him do what had to be done. It was only after Glen had completed his own ablutions and was lying down beside him that TJ was able to settle. Putting his head on the bigger man’s chest, TJ took a deep breath and slowly relaxed in the comfort of his lover’s embrace before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Oh, my God!’ thought Glen, ‘De-ja vu or what?’ He was reviewing plans for tomorrow’s meeting with a new client and his attention kept being adverted by the signs of disgruntlement coming from his partner who was once again working on his computer at the other desk in their study.

“We should be getting ready for bed soon, love,” Glen gently reminded the other man for a second time after looking at the clock and seeing how late it was. He cleared off his desk and commented. “I trust we are not going to have a repeat of the last three evenings, right?”

“I still have so much to do, Glen. It’s not that late and besides, I get Friday off this week so I don’t have to work tomorrow. I want to stay up and get more studying done so I can do this exam in the morning,” TJ responded as he turned around to face the older man.

“Haven’t you already done one this week, TJ?” Glen asked sternly.

“Yeah, but I want to do at least one more.”

“And what agreement did we come to just a couple of weeks ago?” Glen anticipated they would be reviewing the entire issue yet again and although he was frustrated by the thought, he knew it was something he would repeatedly talk over if it was what his Brat needed.

“I changed my mind about that. I don’t want to follow the schedule we set up ‘cause I work better with more flexibility,” the younger man groused, turning back to the computer.

“Nothing has changed, TJ. The reasons for the schedule still exist. You still have a problem with choosing priorities as well as a tendency to push well past your limitations, causing yourself unnecessary distress over your fear of failure. We’ll review it one last time and then it will be just a matter of me enforcing the guidelines we have jointly put in place for your well-being.”

“But, Glen, I want to be able to submit more than one a week, especially on the weeks I chose uncomplicated, straight-forward subjects.”

“TJ, I understand this goal of yours to average at least fifty CE exams a year since you graduated and became a pharmacist, but I cannot condone you attempting to catch up with the ones you didn’t get done last year. You are only obligated to turn in a minimum of fifteen a year, so the completion of fifty is certainly a reasonable accomplishment,” Glen firmly but patiently pointed out.

“But I only achieved half my target goal last year,” TJ shouted, letting his resentment of his own perceived failure get the better of him.

“Why was that, baby?” Glen softly inquired, hoping to keep emotions from spiraling out of control.

“Because I couldn’t organize my time and I didn’t want you to know I was having trouble. I didn’t want you to think I was inferior and too stupid to manage my own life,” TJ pushed the keyboard out of the way and dejectedly laid his head down on his folded arms.

Glen stood up and walked across the room to spin his partner’s chair around. He gently pulled the younger man up and after settling his own slightly heavier frame into the now empty chair, tugged TJ down unto his lap.

“You, young man, are not inferior to anyone nor are you stupid. I don’t want to hear you say something like that again, ever! Do you understand me?” Glen spoke adamantly, but not unkindly. “When you talk like that you are not just putting yourself down, you are also doing me a disservice. I love you and I am so proud of all you have accomplished. We all need help in different areas at one time or another. We agreed to put the past year behind us and start anew, didn’t we?” Feeling an affirmative motion from the head on his shoulder, Glen continued. “I’m holding you to your promise to follow the study schedule we’ve set up and I’ll do whatever is necessary to enforce it, my darling.”

“I understand, Glen,” TJ softly stated. “It’s just hard sometimes, you know.”

“I know, babe, but we’ll smooth things out together a little bit at a time.”

The two men sat quietly for awhile, each mulling over their own thoughts. Finally Glen nudged TJ to stand up and accompany him into the bedroom. Fifteen minutes later Glen got into bed, turned out the light on his night table and reached over to pull TJ into his arms.

“Is there anything else you want to talk about, sweetheart?” Glen murmured into the wiry, black curls beneath his chin.

“No, I’m good!” TJ lifted his head to tenderly kiss his partner goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Just what do you think you are doing, young man?” Glen asked from the doorway of the study. “It’s two o’clock in the morning and you are supposed to be sleeping in our bed.”

“I woke up to go to the bathroom and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I figured I’d get some more studying in.” TJ looked up questioningly at the irate man standing beside him.

Glen stood glaring down at his disobedient Brat for several moments before suggesting. “Maybe you need a sedative.”

“Huh, what do you mean?”

Glen would have chuckled at the look of confusion on the other man’s face had he not been so annoyed at finding him back at his desk.

“Have you saved everything?” Glen inquired before turning off the computer. He grasped TJ’s upper arm, hauled him out of the chair and across the living room to the bedroom. Sitting down on the side of their bed, he looked up into his partner’s nervous face and started to explain. “When I was a kid, my sister and I would often call back and forth to one another when we should have been going to sleep. After telling us numerous times to be quiet and get some shut-eye, my dad would say it was time for him to administer a sedative, as he called it. It was his way of informing us of the spanking we had earned for not obeying him. It always worked! We slept quite soundly after he was done. I trust it will work just as efficiently for you.”

With that Glen tugged his partner down over his lap, raised his T-shirt and lowered his boxers. A second later Glen’s large left hand was rising and falling as it steadily applied hard, stinging swats to the brown-skinned bottom in front of him. TJ squirmed and yelped but the spanking continued until the older man picked up the subtle change in his Brat’s body language indicating the message had gotten through. Turning his sobbing partner over, Glen began the process of calming the younger man.

“Okay, baby. It’s over. You’re going to be fine.”

Once TJ’s cries had slowed to intermittent sniffles and sighs, Glen rearranged the young man’s clothing, tucked him back in bed and crawled in beside him. Nestled together, TJ soon fell asleep and almost missed the other man’s final warning of “No more nocturnal visits to the study!”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Good morning, my little sleepyhead!” Glen said brightly, setting a tray on the nightstand. He pulled the blankets down and lifted the pillow off his lover’s head. “Come on, sunshine, breakfast is being served.”

TJ opened one eye and hoped his groan would illustrate his feelings about his partner’s announcement.

“Why do I have to get up when I don’t even have to go to work today?” he groused.

“I’m just asking you to sit up and eat with me, then you can go back to sleep. I have an appointment with a new client in less than two hours.” Glen cheerfully cajoled the younger man into a sitting position.

“Okay, but I have to pee first,” TJ grumbled as he rolled over to sit on the side of the bed; then wished he hadn’t. His backside was still feeling the results of its’ encounter with Glen’s hand during the early hours of the morning. He jumped up and headed to the bathroom, gingerly rubbing his sore bottom through his boxers.

Coming back into the room, TJ eyed the bed with some misgivings before tentatively lowering himself down to settle uncomfortably on one hip.

“How long do you think you’ll be gone?” TJ asked, picking up his glass of orange juice. He looked at the tray between them on the bed and his stomach gave a faint growl of appreciation for the light meal of soft-boiled eggs and toasted fingers of whole wheat bread.

“I hope to be home by noon but I’ll call if I’m going to be any later.” Glen sat back against the headboard to enjoy his cup of coffee.

“How come I didn’t get any coffee?” TJ complained when he noticed there wasn’t a second cup on the tray.

“I want you to stay in bed this morning and try to catch up on your sleep. You really need the down time, love, and you don’t need any caffeine to make you jittery.”

“But you’re having it!” TJ pointed out, his voice beginning to rise.

“Because I have a business meeting to attend.” The raised eyebrow let TJ know this part of the conversation was over. Glen was well aware that his partner’s fractious attitude was a result of being stressed-out and overtired but he didn’t intend to put up with temper tantrums or any other unacceptable behaviour.

Once their meal was finished, Glen got up to clear away the dishes and get dressed.

“I expect to find you in that bed when I get home, young man,” Glen firmly instructed, straightening his tie and looking in the mirror at the other man’s reflection.

TJ’s dissatisfaction in the edict was clearly apparent in the pout on his handsome face, but he meekly accepted Glen’s goodbye kiss, curled up on his side and pulled the blankets over his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glen was finally on his way, having been waylaid by the complex manager for a friendly chat. Less than two miles down the road, he suddenly remembered the estimate forms he had put aside for this morning’s presentation. Turning the car around, he headed back in the direction he had just come from. He took the elevator up to their sixth floor apartment and quietly, so as not to disturb TJ, let himself in the front door. He came to an abrupt stop as he was about to enter the study and spotted his partner sitting at the smaller desk, working on the computer.

“I thought I left orders you were to remain in bed, Thomas Josiah!” Glen declared, his aggravation growing.

“For shit’s sake, Glen,” TJ jumped at the unexpected voice. “Why don’t you just kill me outright instead of scaring me to death?”

“I’ll give you something to be scared about, my boy!” With that, Glen hauled his partner out of the chair, sat down and none too gently pulled the younger man over his thighs. It only took a couple of seconds to bare the intended target and another second before a strong, paddle-like hand landed painfully across two still-tender, brown cheeks.

TJ yelled and cried from the onset. He could count on one hand the number of spankings he had received from his lover since they first incorporated discipline into their relationship four months ago, but never two so close together. This really hurt and he certainly wasn’t opposed to letting the person causing his pain, know it. He continued sobbing long after the spanking was over and he was kneeling on the floor with his tears soaking into the other man’s dress pants.

Glen compassionately drew his partner up and into a loving embrace. Holding TJ as snugly as possible while still being mindful of his flaming bottom, Glen began murmuring words of comfort and caressing the man in his arms. When it took longer than usual to calm his distraught Brat, Glen realized that he could not and would not leave TJ alone, not even for a short period of time.

“Come on, baby, let’s get you settled,” Glen softly suggested as he walked TJ into the master bedroom and helped him get in bed. “I won’t be long, baby,” he assured the young man when TJ asked him to stay.

Back in the study, Glen shut down the computer and placed a call to inform his new client that he would not be available as planned.

“While I would certainly appreciate working with you, I’ll understand if you decide to take your business elsewhere, Mr. Kitson.”

“No, no, Mr. Chamberlain. I am actually rather relieved you’ve had to postpone our appointment, as I have inadvertently over-booked myself today. We’ll get together the first of the week if it’s convenient for you.”

“That would be fine. I’ll see you Monday afternoon, then,” Glen confirmed. Hanging up and returning to the bedroom, he quickly rid himself of his clothing and got under the covers to snuggle with his still sniffling partner.

“We have three days to enjoy each other, babe. We’re just going to chill-out; do whatever we feel like doing and get back on track. I love you, TJ! Just let go, love, and trust me.”

“I love you too, Glen. I’m sorry for disobeying you,” TJ shamefully apologized.

“We’ve taken care of that, sweetheart,” Glen declared, drawing the other man closer and kissing his forehead.

TJ yawned. Within a few seconds, he was curled up and sleeping soundly.

Lying there under his lover’s slightly smaller body and listening to TJ’s soft snoring, Glen pulled the blanket over them and fondly stroked the other man’s back until he too fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After yesterday’s peaceful interlude, Saturday morning arrived bright and sunny.

“How would you like to spend the day at the Heritage Park Historical Village, babe?” Glen asked over brunch.

“Well, I kinda wanted to talk about an idea I have,” TJ suggested hopefully.

“I’m pretty sure they allow talking in the park, honey.” Glen laughed at the sight of the other man rolling his eyes.

It was later that a troublesome issue reared its’ ugly head and led to their day taking a downward spiral.

“We’ve already discussed this into the ground, TJ. I can’t see how extending the conversation will change things.” Glen firmly stated later that afternoon as he closed their apartment door behind his out-of-sorts partner.

“But, Glen, what’s wrong with my idea beside the fact that it’s not your idea?” TJ asked belligerently and stamped his foot.

Ignoring the foot stomping, Glen took a deep breath and prayed for patience. After hanging up his jacket and removing his shoes and making sure TJ had done the same, Glen walked across the living room, sat down on the sofa and invited the other man to join him.

“We’re going to go over this one more time, TJ. You’re entire life does not revolve around your profession anymore than my life revolves solely around mine. If we want our relationship to grow and develop into a life-long, deeply committed partnership, we both have to compromise and set priorities. That is where your CE schedule comes into play. We’ve already decided to put a limit on the number of hours you spend studying as well as the number of exams you turn in, haven’t we?”

“Yes, but…” TJ stammered, hoping a reasonable argument to support his view of the situation would come to mind.

“There are no ‘buts’, young man. Did we or did we not both agree to conform to these limitations?” Glen asked sternly. Getting a begrudging nod and softening his own approach, Glen continued, “You asked me for help, didn’t you?” This time the nod was accompanied by a glowering pout. Pretending not to see it, Glen pressed on in a mild voice; “We contracted to a six-month trial period to see if a discipline partnership would benefit us, right?”

“Yes, but it’s just so hard at times,” TJ muttered, putting his sock-covered feet on the sofa, wrapping his arms around his knees and lowering his head.

Moving closer and placing his arm around the younger man’s shoulders, Glen said, “I understand, sweetheart. I know it’s difficult to give control over to someone else but it is working. You’re doing so much better now; we are doing so much better now. We’re no longer arguing over insignificant things and the long drawn-out periods of silence we used to suffer through have ceased.” Glen waited a few minutes to let his observations sink in before adding, “We have two months left until the contract is over, at which time you can decide if you want it to end or become a permanent part of our lives.”

“What if I want it to continue but you don’t?” TJ asked uncertainly.

“Darling, if you want and need someone to help you, to care for you and to keep you safe, to assist you in being the best you can be, to let you know how very special you are, and to love you with all his heart and soul, then not only I am willing to be that person, I would be honoured to be that person. But I can only be that person if you trust me enough to allow it and are willing enough to let me be in charge of making final decisions. I want you to think about this very carefully over the next several weeks so you will be able to make a comprehensive choice.”

“I understand, Glen, but I still want to be able to finish the exam I’ve been studying for since Thursday without waiting until next week.”

Glen gave out a sigh of loving exasperation, bowed his head and closed his eyes. ‘Who would have thought that this normally reasonable, very intelligent man could be so outrageously tenacious?’ he asked himself. Realizing the other man would not be able to let go of this one issue, Glen determined it was time for a little give and take. Maybe, just maybe, he could set an example in compromising.

“I’ll make a deal with you, TJ.” Glen offered in hope of resolving this reoccurring problem once and for all.

“What kind of deal?” TJ asked suspiciously.

“Well you know we’ve received an invitation to Rowan and Darby’s wedding next month, right?” Glen bit the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing at the expression on his Brat’s face as the younger man tried to figure out what this question was leading up to.

“Yeah; what about it?” TJ wasn’t at all sure he even wanted to hear his Top’s suggestion.

“We’ll be driving up and spending several days at Jayson and Riley’s house. So it would probably work to your advantage if this evening you completed the extra subject you’ve been studying. That way you won’t have to worry about doing one while we’re away.”

“Huh? Then I won’t be any further ahead!” TJ wailed.

“That’s right! But just think, you’ll be right on schedule. Is it a deal?” Glen couldn’t hold back his laughter any longer as TJ began hitting him with the throw pillow he had grabbed off the end of the couch.

“All right, all right, it’s a deal!” TJ capitulated and discovered much to his surprise, he was actually happy to be doing so.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment