Temper Tantrums

Written by: LJ


Glen and a friend were sitting on the sofa when the front door abruptly flew opened. A briefcase sailed through the air and landed with a hard thud on the living room floor in front of them. Seconds later it was followed by TJ stomping in and slamming the door behind him, solidly enough to cause the walls to vibrate and a picture in the entryway to fall and shatter.

Glen quickly got to his feet and headed towards his partner, intent on putting an immediate halt to the proceedings. He grabbed for the younger man and realized TJ was literally shaking with rage. Gathering his lover into his arms, Glen held him close and began a litany of soothing words while gently rubbing ever widening circles on TJ’s back. Glen was aware of his Brat’s fingers clutching at the front of his shirt. He heard the whimpers and felt the tension as TJ fought hard to control the shudders running through his body and prevent himself from crying. It had been quite a while since the younger man had been upset enough to throw a tantrum of this magnitude.

“It’s okay, baby. I’ve got you. You’re going to be all right.” These softly spoken words were repeated many times over the next several minutes as TJ gradually relaxed into the safe haven of his Top’s embrace and his breathing returned to normal.

“Think you can walk over and sit with me on the sofa, love?” Glen gently inquired. After receiving a slight nod of submission, he slowly maneuvered the other man across the room. He smiled at the groan of objection when he removed his arms from around his lover in order to sit down before pulling TJ onto his lap.

“I’m going for a walk so the two of you can have your privacy,” their guest quietly announced, pushing himself up off the couch.

“No, no, Jayson. That won’t be necessary. We’re fine,” Glen assured him and was pleased to see his friend reseat himself.

TJ raised his head to look over at the man on the other end of their large leather sofa. Until this moment he was unaware they had company. He could only imagine what Jayson would think of his appalling display of temper. His tantrums had always been a sore spot for the older man and TJ had often found himself in the uncomfortable position of chastisement during the years they’d all lived together.

“That was a first class entrance, little boy!” Jayson smiled at the look of chagrin on the younger man’s face.

Although TJ recognized the tone and knew he was being teased, he still blushed and buried his head in Glen’s shoulder. “Are you going to spank me, Glen?” he whispered, acknowledging his awareness of the rule he had just broken.

“Not this time, baby. I’m quite certain something major must have gone wrong to upset you this much. Want to tell us about it?” He lovingly squeezed his Brat to make known his acceptance and understanding of the situation. He felt any punishment at this point would only aggravate the situation and achieve nothing.

“Okay,” TJ murmured before sighing deeply. “You remember the position of supervisor I applied for? Well, Mr. B gave it to his nephew. The guy barely has two brain cells that work in conjunction with each other. He only got the job because of who he knows, not what he knows. It’s not fair!" During his narration, TJ stood up and started pacing. He managed to work himself up all over again only to end up stamping his foot as he yelled the last statement.

Glen stretched out and snagged the young man’s hand when TJ’s travels brought him within arm’s reach. “Settle down, TJ!” he ordered as he tugged hard enough to cause his partner to topple over and land back on his lap. “I understand your frustration but I am not going to let you get yourself into the state you were in when you got home.” He landed a hard swat on TJ’s hip to ensure the message being received. “Now take a deep breath and relax while we talk this over calmly and reasonably.”

Not wanting to earn retribution in the face of his Top’s earlier leniency, TJ made every effort to follow Glen’s admonitions. “But it really sucks, Glen!” he complained as he nestled into his lover’s arms.

“I know, baby, but these things happen. Did you speak with Mr. B about his decision?” Glen wasn’t at all surprised by his Brat’s response.

“Nooo,” TJ whined. “I just told him I was quitting, gathered up my things and took off.” TJ kept his head down, unable to look at his partner. He wasn’t up to facing the disappointment he knew would be in Glen’s pale blue eyes. He was amazed when the arms around him tightened and he felt a gentle kiss on his cheek.

“I’m so sorry, love!” Glen murmured his heartfelt declaration in TJ’s ear.

“You’re not angry? I-I was afraid you’d.…I don’t know…think I was a failure or something.”

“Oh, TJ, I am well aware of how efficient you are at your job and how diligent you are in fulfilling your responsibilities. You are more than qualified to be supervisor and I agree that you certainly deserved to be considered. However, that being said, it would have looked better on your resume had you given notice rather than just up and quitting.”

“Yes, you’re probably right. Do you think I’ll have a difficult time finding a new job?”

“Not with your experience, honey,” Glen assured him. “Right now though, I think it would be a good idea if we started making plans for supper before our guest wishes he’d gone somewhere else.”

“No fear of that, guys!” Jayson laughed. “I’d like to treat you to a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet; that is if TJ feels up to going out.”

“Ahh, can we order take-out instead?” TJ requested.

“No problem. I’ll trust the two of you to do the ordering.”

“And while we’re waiting for our order to arrive, a certain Brat we all know and love can sweep up the broken glass in the foyer,” Glen proposed and looked pointedly at his partner. He smiled when TJ screwed up his face as he got up to comply with the recommendation.

The evening passed quickly as the three men enjoyed their meal while reminiscing about their college days when they, along with Rowan, were known as The Richmond Gang.

“I can remember some of the times you demonstrated that infamous temper of yours, TJ,” Jayson chuckled, dishing himself up a second helping of fried rice.

“Really! Well, I’d just as soon forget those occasions if you don’t mind!” the young man adamantly responded with a feigned pout while jabbing his chopsticks in the other man’s direction.

“Hmmm, don’t think I was around for all the big events,” Glen teased as he helped himself to another egg roll.

“You didn’t miss much!” TJ muttered and gave him a crooked grin. “It was after a temper tantrum when Jayson proved he would see to it I got through university come hell or high water. It was also the first, but unfortunately not the last time he whaled the tar out of me. Guess I was a slow learner.”

TJ waited for the other men’s laughter to die down before getting up the nerve to ask something he had wondered about for a long time. This wasn’t the first time he’d asked for his curiosity to be appeased. “Jayson, I can only think of one time I overheard you paddling Glen. It was for failing to show up for an exam. I want to know if you ever had to paddle Rowan.”

“I believe I’ve already answered that question several times, little boy!” Jayson frowned as he and Glen exchanged knowing glances. Although Rowan had acknowledged Jayson as head of the household, he had never submitted to being physically disciplined. Glen and TJ, on the other hand, had both admitted their need for help in certain areas and TJ had gone so far as to request even more firmly enforced boundaries.

“You’ve always said it was none of my business but I still want to know.”

“All right, nosey one; I’ve never paddled Rowan, however I did threaten to once or twice. Satisfied now?”

“I guess I’ll have to be, but I sure would have liked to tell Darby differently,” was TJ’s cheeky reply.

“We had a lot of great times in that old apartment, didn’t we?” Glen asked, not really expecting an answer. “I kind of miss those good old days.”

“Not me!” TJ lied and received a teasing swat on the back of his head. “See! You guys were always picking on me because I was the youngest.” He rubbed furiously at the place Glen’s hand had landed.

“Fibber!” Glen laughed at his partner’s piqued expression.

“It wasn’t easy living with three ‘Tops’ or should I say two plus one in training. Jayson, you probably organized the daily activities in your pre-school and Rowan must have at least started developing his skills in Jr. High,” TJ teased. “But you, Glen, used to be what someone once referred to as a ‘Reluctant Top’,” he said in a low voice, leaning towards his partner.

“I was just waiting for Mr. Right to come along, sweetheart.” Glen reached over and caressed his lover’s cheek with the back of his fingers.

“Maybe we should change the subject?” TJ suggested, after clearing the lump of emotion from his throat.

“Sure, babe, what do you have in mind?”

“Well, I’m curious as to why Jayson’s in town. Not that I mind him paying us a visit.”

“I’m here to train our Calgary office staff in the latest computerized accounting techniques. I only learned late last night that the person who was to provide the training had an unexpected family matter to take care of.”

“And just how long are we going to be subjected to your company?” TJ asked in a way that made it sound as if he was displeased with the idea of their guest staying too long and possibly wearing out his welcome.

“Probably until Saturday, Brat.”

“That’s great, man! It’s almost four days!” TJ’s happy expression belied his earlier manner of speaking. “Why didn’t Riley come with you?”

“Well, for one thing, Riley has gone into business on his own. He is no longer in partnership with Pete and Freddie,” Jayson informed them. “That, plus the softball team he plays shortstop for, is in the finals and needs all their players.”

“Please congratulate Riley for us when you get home,” Glen requested. “You must be really proud of him.”

“I am! Although I would never have interfered with Riley’s career or chosen his friends for him, I must admit to feeling very relieved over this recent change.”

“I can understand that, Jay,” Glen agreed and nodded his head. “Those two young men were becoming very unreliable. Their failure to show up as promised after the fireworks incident a couple of months ago, was proof of that.”

“That’s right! Darby, Riley and I got punished while those two losers got off scot-free. That really sucked!” TJ griped.

“It was a hard decision for Riley to make, as the three of them had been friends since childhood. Besides, he wasn’t sure if he could handle all their clientele on his own,” Jayson continued. “I pointed out that he had been carrying the workload almost entirely by himself over the past several weeks due to Pete and Freddie’s increasing lack of interest. Fortunately, they’ve gone their separate ways on good terms and will continue to stay in touch with each other, but it is still a big adjustment for everyone concerned.”

“What are Pete and Freddie’s plans for the future?” TJ asked. He had never really cared for either of them but was curious enough to inquire.

“Pete’s enlisted in the army to follow in his father’s footsteps. Freddie is getting married and moving to Vancouver. I only hope he’s doing so because he truly loves the girl and not because he’s going to be a father.”

“Seems to me those two are finally going to be forced into growing up,” Glen quietly commented.

“Looks like I’m not the only one making a job change,” TJ sighed. “I’m really going to miss some of my fellow-employees, especially Sally.” The young man grew quiet as he contemplated his losses. A few moments later he began to chuckle.

“What’s so amusing, love?”

“I was thinking of something that happened a few days ago. It was a slow shift and I was at the front of the store talking to Sally. A shopper approached her and asked where he could find some intimate lubricant. She didn’t know what he was referring to, so I told him which aisle it was located in. He returned several minutes later with some KY and a box of condoms. That’s when the fun began.” He smirked as the memories resurfaced.

“Spill it, man!” Jayson demanded. “Don’t keep us in suspense!”

“I walked away but stayed within hearing distance and heard the entire conversation,” TJ grinned as he mimicked the exchange between Sally and the customer.

‘I don’t think there’s any tax of these condoms, Miss, ‘cause they can be considered clothing.’

‘But there’s no provincial tax in Alberta, sir, only GST and it’s added to almost everything.’

‘Not on food items and this lube is flavoured, so it should be completely tax free!’

“Sally actually fell for it and deducted all the taxes from his purchase,” TJ snickered. “She is just so ditsy at times.”

“Did you set her straight?” Glen asked.

“Only after the customer left, gloating over his good fortune.” This time the two older men laughed along with him.

All too soon the evening began to wind down and Glen got up to clear the table. “It’s getting late, fellas, and we’ve got work in the morning. I think it’s just about time to call it a day.”

“Not me!” TJ sang out as he walked into the living room and threw himself down on the couch. “I’m going to watch the late show after the news. Where do you guys have to be so early anyway?”

“I have three full days of presentations to give,” Jayson informed him. “And I need to get everything set up in the board room before anyone else arrives.”

“I will be meeting with an important supplier first thing and I can’t afford to be late,” Glen answered, taking the remote control out of TJ’s hand and pulling him up off the sofa. “And you will also have things to do, my good man.”

“No I won’t!” TJ wailed at having his plans thwarted. “I’m not tired and besides, I can sleep in tomorrow.” He struggled to get away from his partner.

“TJ!” Glen gave the younger man a shake to get his attention. “Listen to me! We are going to do up the supper dishes and then we are going to bed. It’s not up for discussion.”

“But, Glen…..” TJ closed his mouth when he saw the look of warning on the older man’s face and resigned himself to the inevitable.

*************

Sometime in the not so distant future, Glen would look back on the next three days as a roller coaster ride of mood swings, temper tantrums and tears. He had determined from the start to keep his partner on a schedule until such time as TJ found a new position. Leaving the younger man alone for hours on end was bad enough, but Glen knew leaving him alone and with nothing constructive to do, would be even worse.

“I think it would be a good time for you to update your resume this morning, TJ. When you get that done, I’d like you to run a few errands,” Glen informed his partner while helping him get his day started. He smiled at the scowl that greeted his suggestions. Poor TJ just wasn’t a morning person at all.

“See you guys this evening,” Jayson announced, shrugging into his suit jacket. He kept his smile hidden as he listened to Glen gently cajoling his not-too-wide-awake partner into eating a proper breakfast. Picking up his briefcase, Jayson returned the goodbye waves and headed out the door.

Glen left shortly after their guest. He unexpectedly returned home at noon with plans to spend some quality one-on-one time with his partner, only to discover TJ back in bed. It was apparent the young man had slept away the morning, accomplishing none of the assignments he had been given. Glen pulled down the covers and landed a hard swat on his Brat’s boxer-clad bottom. “On your feet this minute, Thomas Josiah!” he ordered, tugging the pillow out from under TJ’s head.

“Ooow!” TJ hollered as he slithered across the width of the bed and turned his vulnerable backside away from his irate Top. “What did you do that for?” he demanded, getting to his feet on the side furthest from his partner and rubbing at the sting from Glen’s left hand.

“You were supposed to drop those garments off at the cleaners and make the necessary purchases for a steak dinner this evening,” Glen sternly reminded him.

“So, there’s still plenty of time to do that this afternoon,” TJ stated belligerently.

“Am I to take it you found working on your resume so tiring you had to postpone getting the errands done?” Glen was fully aware of what had transpired during his absence.

“Nooo,” TJ murmured, looking down at the floor and shuffling from one foot to the other. He had the good grace to look ashamed for the few moments it took for his temper to over-ride all reason. “I didn’t feel like working on the computer and I figured you could have darn well taken your own friggin’ stuff to the dry-cleaners!”

“Well I’ve done some figuring of my own, young man, and you are not going to be too thrill with the conclusions I’ve drawn,” Glen informed his partner, putting a halt to the pending argument. “You can just plan on spending a good part of the afternoon under my supervision, writing lines on how to improve your communication skills. Then we’ll do the errands together. That should prevent you from wasting the day away in bed.”

Fortunately, by the time Jayson arrived, things had calmed down considerably. TJ had completed his lines with a minimum of fuss; Glen’s suits had been dropped off at the cleaners, groceries purchased and supper was on the stove. Apologies and forgiveness had been exchanged along with the promises to put in a better day tomorrow.

************

“You did a great job on this resume, love,” Glen complimented as he handed back the papers he’d been reading. He and TJ had just finished a companionable lunch together. So far their day was definitely going smoother than yesterday.

“Thanks,” TJ softly answered as he slid the pages into his briefcase. “Anything in particular you want me to do this afternoon, Glen?”

“As matter of fact, there is. It’s a lovely day and I think it would do you good to get some fresh air. I like you to go to the park and stroll around for an hour or so before you work on your weekly CE exam.” Although it may have sounded as if he was offering a choice, Glen fully expected TJ to comply.

“I don’t feel like it!” TJ stated in an argumentative voice. “I want to watch a movie on TV.”

“TJ, it is too nice and sunny to spend the entire day cooped up in this apartment. If I have to, I’ll order you to obey my directive to go out and get some exercise.” Glen knew if the younger man stayed in, he’d end up brooding about his present state of unemployment. TJ was already having a hard time dealing with his emotions. “I only have your best interests at heart, baby.” Glen spoke quietly, hoping to avoid another flare-up of his lover’s volatile temperament.

“What the hell is the problem? Are you suddenly having difficulty understanding the English language or have you become hard of hearing? I said I didn’t feel like going out and I damn well don’t intent to!” TJ shouted, pushing back from the table and getting to his feet. “And you can’t make me!”

“Hold it, mister!” Glen stood up and blocked TJ’s path to the living room. “That is not how we speak to each other.” He grabbed the other man by the shoulders and gave him a firm shake. Turning his partner to one side, Glen delivered several sound swats to TJ’s backside. “Corner! Now!” he ordered and watched his Brat obediently trudged across the room to his designated place of confinement.

Keeping an eye on his fidgeting lover, Glen cleared off the table and washed the dishes. He shook his head in loving exasperation at the sound of his Brat’s sniffling and watched as TJ intermittently rubbed at his butt or his eyes.

“Have you got yourself under control enough to behave appropriately, TJ?” Glen asked fifteen minutes later from his comfortable seat on the sofa.

“Yes, sir!” TJ murmured. He turned and slowly made his way over to curl up on his Top’s lap. “I’m sorry, Glen. I know you only want what’s best for me. I’ll do as you’ve asked.”

“Thank you, sweetheart. I’m grateful for and admire your yielding to my authority. Which, I might add, you gave me in the first place.” Glen hugged and kissed the younger man. Then tilting TJ’s head up to look him in the face, Glen sternly added, “Take heed! This is your last warning! One more outburst from you, Thomas Josiah, and you are going to find yourself on the receiving end of a sound spanking. Got it?”

“Got it, Glen!” TJ softly answered. “I’ll be good, honest!”

It was some time after supper when Glen and Jayson’s absorption in the evening news was disturbed by the sound of TJ’s laughter coming from the bedroom.

“He seems to be finding something awfully funny!” Jayson commented, holding back a chuckle of his own.

“It’s good to hear him laughing. It sure beats dealing with temper tantrums.” Glen gave the other man a pained look. “It’s not easy for him, being at loose ends like he is.”

“Riley went through the same thing when he was trying to decide what to do with his future. He really had a difficult time to finally face the true of Pete and Freddie no longer being interested in pulling their weight where the business was concerned.” Jayson sadly shook his head as he thought of the hurt and disillusionment his young partner had suffered.

“Everything worked out in the end for him though,” Glen consoled his friend. “And I’m certain it will for TJ as well, assuming he lives long enough.” Both men appreciated the humour in this statement.

“That was Sally!” TJ announced, practically bouncing into the room. “She says all the staff really miss me and want me to come back. I told her ‘no way’. According to Sally, Mr. B’s nephew is driving everyone crazy, including Mr. B himself. She asked me to tell her where I’m working after I find a new job, so she can apply for a position at the same place. Man, she is so ditsy sometimes! But she’s a kind person and fun to be around. I think I’m going to miss her the most.”

“How about making us a batch of popcorn, love, while I get us some liquid refreshment?” Glen suggested in order for the young man to have something to do. He didn’t want TJ dwelling on the negative aspects of no longer being able to enjoy the almost daily interaction with his former fellow employees.

“This is my last evening with you guys,” Jayson informed them, accepting a cold beer from his host.

“I thought you were staying until Saturday morning. We should still have tomorrow night to plan an activity for,” TJ pointed out.

“I hope to have everything wrapped up by noon and be able to head home earlier than first anticipated,” Jayson explained. “As comfortable as that makeshift bed in your study is, it doesn’t have Riley in it.” Jayson grinned at his companions’ nods of understanding.

“Well, it’s been great having you, Jay. You know both you and Riley are more than welcomed anytime,” Glen assured his and TJ’s long-time friend.

“It’s nice to have the opportunity to repay you for all the times we’ve stayed at your home or cabin,” TJ added. “I just wish we lived closer so we’d see more of you two guys, as well as Rowan and Darby.”

“Hey, it’s only an eight hour drive to our town!” Jayson reminded them.

“Yeah, right! Just a hop, skip and a jump.” TJ rolled his eyes, causing the other two men to laugh at his antics.

************

Where the previous evening had ended on a high note of camaraderie, Friday morning started on a sour one, as TJ stubbornly attempted to resist Glen’s urging to get out of bed. Having lost the first major skirmish of the day, TJ followed his partner’s instructions as slowly as he dared without actually stepping far enough over the line for Glen to call him on it. He paid little or no attention to the older man’s dwindling supply of patience.

“Okay, guys! I’m off! Thanks once again for your gracious hospitality.” Jayson declared as he collected up his few pieces of luggage. Leaving his suitcase by the front door, he walked over to Glen and shook his hand. Next, he pulled TJ off his chair and hugged him. “You better start behaving yourself, little boy!” he teased, landing a light swat on the younger man’s bottom.

“Thanks for coming by, Jayson,” TJ murmured and returned the hug.

“Have a safe trip home, Jay, and say hello to Riley for us,” Glen requested as he saw his guest out the door. He returned moments later to discover his Brat had left the table without finishing his breakfast. “Thomas, get back here!”

“Whaaat?” TJ whined.

“If I were you, I’d sit down while I was still able to do so and finish eating. You’ve taken this not-being-a-morning-person about as far as you’re going to, young man.”

TJ wisely decided to stop pushing. “I don’t want to stay home and do chores or study, Glen,” he mumbled around a mouthful of cold cereal.

“What’s on your mind, love?” Glen inquired as he pushed a glass of orange juice closer to TJ’s hand. He smiled when his unspoken command to drink was unconsciously obeyed.

TJ shrugged as he peeled a banana and took a bite. “I-I..”

“Swallow, please.”

TJ swallowed. “I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go back to the park and search for that kitten I was telling you about last night.”

“I thought we had agreed not to have any pets, TJ.”

“I know, but can’t we change our minds?”

“Not today, sweetheart.”

“Then I’m going back to bed.”

“No, you’re not! What you are going to do is get dressed and come to work with me.” Glen was very much unwilling to leave the younger man alone but also unable to get out of his morning’s commitment. “I could use some help unpacking the materials being delivered to the home I’m decorating.” Difficult as it was to presuppose his partner’s next mood swing, Glen decided to chance teasing him. “It pays well.” He was relieved when TJ agreed to accompany him and found pleasure in the young man’s crooked grin.

A few hours later, Glen leaned back in the booth and fondly gazed at the handsome man sitting across the table from him. He watched with amusement as his lover flirted outrageously with the waitress taking his order. Drinking from a glass of ice water, he patiently waited for TJ’s performance to end.

“I want to thank you for all your help this morning, baby,” Glen softly said as their server walked away. “I’d still have an afternoon’s work left if you hadn’t been assisting me.”

“No problem, Glen. Had I known lunch at Chili’s was part of the employee’s benefit package, I would have come to work for you sooner,” TJ laughed.

“I’m afraid the novelty would have greatly diminished before the first week was over,” Glen returned the gentle banter.

“Maybe I can add you as a reference source on my resume. You could say I was an Unpacker-of-Boxes Extraordinaire.”

“Your abilities far out-weight those needed to unpack boxes, my love. Have you ever thought of opening your own pharmacy, TJ?”

“Yeah, it’s crossed my mind,” TJ answered quietly. “But there’s so much involved and I don’t think I’m anywhere near ready to make such an enormous leap. But I’m prepared to begin my search for a new position on Monday,” he announced. “Not that I didn’t appreciate the opportunity to work for you,”

“When the time is right for you to start up on your own, I have every confidence you’ll be able to do it, sweetheart.” Glen assured him.

“Well, right now I just want to dig into this delicious-smelling food.” TJ grinned up at the woman who was placing their meals on the table in front of them.

************

“I think I’ll have a shower. Wanna join me,” TJ asked, toeing off his shoes and kicking them into the closet.

“I better check the answering machine?”

“Do you have to do that now?”

Glen glanced at his partner, expecting to see a pout on the younger man’s face. Instead he saw a silent plea. Having gotten the day off to a rough start, the morning had proved very productive and they had enjoyed a companionable lunch together. Both men were well aware of Glen’s penchant for getting involved with returning calls, especially during what would normally still be a workday.

‘To hell with the phone,’ Glen thought. ‘I’d much rather spend time with my Brat.’ Taking TJ by the hand and leading him into their bedroom, the older man suggested, “Let’s see who can undress the fastest.” He already knew from experience how tight a race it was going to be. TJ’s beaming smile provided all the proof Glen needed to know he had made the right choice.

Ten minutes later, the two men were enjoying the feel of warm water cascading down their bodies. Glen snapped open the shower gel and after washing himself, began to leisurely rub the foamy soap over his partner’s body. He loved caressing TJ’s smooth skin and loved the way the younger man’s body responded to his every touch. Several minutes later, Glen rinsed them off and knelt in front of his lover. He took TJ’s arousal into his mouth and listened to the man’s moans of abandonment as he gained his sexual release.

Glen got out of the shower and grabbed up a couple of towels. He chuckled at his Brat’s difficulty in standing up straight enough to dry off. “Better let me help you, love,” he teased. “You seem a little weak at the knees.”

“You’re so funny!” TJ smirked as he happily submitted to his Top’s pandering.

“Let’s see if we can find something tempting enough in the freezer to throw a meal together,” Glen suggested, pulling up his shorts.

“Not yet,” TJ murmured, steering his partner towards the bed and toppling him on to it. “I want to pleasure you now,” he whispered, the longing noticeable in his voice.

“Are you sure, my darling?” Glen tenderly asked, looking into the beautiful, misty, coffee-brown eyes of his lover and seeing the desire in them. “I thought I had worn you out in there,” he gently reminded.

“Not that much!” TJ assured him and rubbed his hand against the front of Glen’s boxers. Feeling the man’s reaction, he murmured, “You want it, too. I can feel it.” He fumbled to get Glen’s underwear off. Holding his lover’s erection in his hand, TJ lower his head to slowly lick the shaft up and down before turning his attention to suck and nibble at another area of his mate’s body. Glen didn’t complain and TJ obviously had no plans of ending the torment anytime soon.

“I give up,” Glen sighed deeply as pleasure flowed through his body. He lay back, watching his lover closely and enjoying the moment before ordering, “Quit teasing and do whatever you had in mind for me!”

“You always want to be the boss,” TJ teased, lifting his head and grinning.

“Please!” Glen begged; his eyes full of passion.

Thrilled with the older man’s pleading, TJ took him fully into his mouth and smiled at the lustful moan that escaped his partner’s lips. Repeatedly sucking the pulsating arousal harder and faster, TJ took complete control.

Glen closed his eyes and surrendered. His heart skipped a beat when his lover increased his efforts to take him over the edge. Glen suddenly reached a shattering climax without warning and let out one shuddering gasp as he exploded.

TJ lifted his head to smile at his sated mate. “Hmmm, good, eh!” he chuckled as he crawled up the slightly bigger man’s body, lay his head on Glen’s chest and murmured. “Now I’m tired!”

************

Glen glanced up from his meal preparations and tenderly smiled at his Brat coming out of the bedroom. “Maybe you should consider getting dressed, babe,” Glen suggested to TJ who was wearing only boxers and a T-shirt.

“In a minute. How long have you been up?” TJ asked around a yawn as he took a seat on the stool and leaned on the kitchen counter with his head resting in the palm of his hand.

“About forty minutes, give or take. You were sleeping so peacefully, I didn’t have the heart to disturb you,” Glen answered and received a smile of appreciation for his thoughtfulness.

“Did you check for messages?”

“Yes, and there was one for you from Sally.”

“Great!” TJ exclaimed, getting up from his seat. “I’ve got to touch base with her and catch up on the latest gossip.” Just as he reached for the phone, it rang. “Hello,” TJ politely answered, seconds before slamming the receiver down.

“TJ, who did you just hang up on?” Glen demanded to know.

“Umm, I sort of hung up on Mr. B.” TJ was having a hard time believing what he’d just done.

“There was no ‘sort of’ about it, young man. Ring him back and apologize at once!”

“NO!”

“Pardon me?”

“I-I don’t want to talk to him!” TJ stammered. “And-and you can’t make me!”

“We’ll just see what I can or can’t make you do, Thomas Josiah. I’m giving you to the count of three to make that phone call or else.”

“One!” Glen waited. “Two!” Glen headed towards his partner, intent on having his order obeyed. The count of “Three!” had barely left his mouth when TJ grabbed the phone, ripped it out of the wall and threw on the floor.

Both men stared at it and then each other in astonishment. Glen felt like kicking himself. He had allowed the peaceful day to lull him into believing TJ was finally accepting the consequences of having hastily quit his job. He believed his partner had settled down and was prepared to make the best of a bad situation by checking out the job market the first of the week. He should have realized the premature nature of that belief.

Overcoming the shock of his partner’s behaviour, Glen wrapped his hand around TJ’s arm and marched him into the study. “I’ve put up with all I’m going to, young man!”

Glen pulled the straight-backed chair into the center of the room, seated himself and pulled his Brat around to his left side. It took one sharp yank for TJ to land face down over his partner’s lap. “Why are you about to get a spanking, Thomas Josiah?” Glen sternly asked as he lowered the young man’s boxers. Not getting an answer, he landed a painful swat on each of the light brown globes before him.

“Temper tantrum!” TJ wailed and tried to push himself out of the precarious position he found himself in. The arm around his waist merely tightened while the other repeatedly rose and fell in a steady rhythm, slowly setting his backside on fire. Long moments past and the punishing hand didn’t let up regardless of the sobs and pleas coming from the ever-so-sorry Brat.

By the time the spanking ended, both men knew this was one lesson that would not have to be re-taught anytime soon. TJ was crying too hard to realize the hand, which had spanked his bare bottom so severely, was now drawing gentle circles on his back. Glen waited until the cries of pain had subsided before turning his well-chastened partner face-up to sit on his knee. He made sure the heated flesh came in contact with nothing other than the soft cotton boxers he had replaced.

“Sssh! It’s over, sweetheart. Sssh! You’re going to be all right!” Glen began the litany of soothing words to calm and comfort the man he loved with all his heart. The man he loved enough to reprimand when things got out of control and tempers flared.

“I-I’m so sorry, Glen, for wrecking the phone and-and for disobeying you….and…” TJ hitched out his regret and buried his head in the older man’s shoulder. He rubbed his face on his Top’s shirt, leaving behind a mixture of tears, sweat and mucus.

“I know, baby, I know,” Glen assured the man in his arms and made note of the softly whimpered promises of better behaviour from this day forward. He put his Brat on his feet amid wails of protest, stood up and returned the chair to its’ rightful spot. Next, he wrapped his arm around TJ and gently guided him to the bedroom and into their en suite. “We’re going to get you cleaned up and then you have a phone call to make.” This time his directive went unchallenged.

“But I don’t know what to say, Glen,” TJ said, hoping for a reprieve. “I didn’t want to speak to him in the first place.” They were back in the study and he was standing next to Glen’s desk with the extension phone in his hand.

“First, you’ll apologize and then you will politely ask him the reason for calling you earlier. I know it’s hard but you can do it, love.” Glen was fully aware of the embarrassing dilemma TJ was attempting to rectify. He sympathized even though the younger man had no one to blame but himself.

“So tell me what Mr. B. had to say, sweetheart,” Glen requested, twenty minutes later. He was sitting on one end of the sofa with TJ’s head on his lap. The TV was on with the volume turned down and neither of them paying attention to the news they had tuned into. They’d had a difficult evening but for this moment in time, peace prevailed.

“He wants me to go in tomorrow to discuss the supervisory position. He said he made a rash decision and has come to regret it. Guess I wasn’t the only one, huh?” TJ’s cheeky grin faded at the ‘don’t even go there’ expression on his Top’s face.

“Bet you’re the only one who’s decided that temper tantrums are a thing of the past, right?” Glen leaned down and kissed his partner’s forehead to take the sting out of his words.

“I’m inclined to think so,” TJ muttered, lightly rubbing a hand over his extremely sore bottom. He was curled up on his side and making every effort to avoid getting his backside near anything remotely harder than the soft flannel boxers he had on. “You know, Glen, your spankings are beginning to hurt a lot more than Jayson’s ever did. Even though he used a paddle, at least he’d let me keep my pants on.”

“Hmmm, are you saying there might be a slim chance I’ve met with success where he failed, and have finally put an end to those infamous temper tantrums of yours.” Both men smiled and chose to keep their thoughts to themselves, knowing in all likelihood such would not be the case

************

Glen was working at his desk Saturday morning when the phone rang. He hadn’t even said hello when he heard his partner saying, “This is the new supervisor of Bernstein’s Pharmacy speaking.” It was impossible to miss the happiness and excitement in the young man’s voice.

“Congratulations, my love!” Glen sincerely acknowledged as he smiled contentedly. “I’ll have to go out and get something special to mark the occasion. “

“Okay! See you later, babe!”

Glen put the finishing touches to the centerpiece he had created and set it on the table. The wine was chilling, candles ready to light, napkins professionally folded, the meal done to perfection and he was eagerly anticipating TJ’s arrival.

The front door opened and a briefcase was tossed through the air to land lightly in the middle on the living room carpet. Moments later, TJ made his grand entrance. “Ta-da!” The young man was grinning from ear to ear as he quietly shut the door and turned to his partner, who welcomed him home with opened arms. They spent the next several minutes enjoying the process of reconnecting and exchanged amorous kisses.

“Wow! You went all out, Glen!” TJ exclaimed appreciatively, leaving the warmth of his lover’s embrace and glancing at the dining room table. “And something smells absolutely heavenly.”

“We’ll eat soon. First, I have a special surprise in the study. Come with me,” Glen softly invited. He smiled indulgently at his lover’s reaction to the gift that awaited him. “She’s a purebred Ragamuffin, TJ. Her name is Miss Muffin. She’s spoiled rotten and has a rather interesting personality. I had gone to the park in search of that lost kitten you mentioned, only to learn it had been found. Then I remembered a client telling me of this older couple who were looking for a good home for their full-grown cat. The seniors’ complex they were moving to does not allow pets. I thought she would make a perfect reminder of your promotion.” Glen could see the delight shining from the younger man’s face. TJ was speechless. All he could do was cuddle the beautiful creature in his arms and rub his cheek against the soft white fur. “Well, what do you think of her, love?”

“I love her, Glen,” TJ whispered past the lump in his throat. “But I-I thought you said no pets.”

“That was yesterday, sweetheart. Guess I changed my mind.” Glen laughed at the cheeky grin on his Brat’s face. “Although I hope you don’t change yours when you discover you are no longer the reigning drama queen in this family!”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment